Many BC immigrants have skills and experience in occupations where there are shortages of qualified workers, but are often unable to access these jobs in BC. Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants provides occupation-specific resources and support to help immigrant jobseekers move into careers that match their qualifications. Career Paths is a free service offered under the WelcomeBC umbrella, funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
Is This Program For You?
- Have you been a Permanent Resident of Canada for 5 years or less?
- Are you unemployed or working in a job unrelated to your profession?
- Do you have an intermediate English level?
If Yes, Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants can help!
Why Choose Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants?
- Find career opportunities in your profession
- Connect with local employers looking for skilled workers
- Attend industry events to expand your network
- Partner with a Canadian mentor in your field
- Receive funding for BC certifications or courses
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants services are delivered in Richmond and Surrey.