The Women@Work program helps empower young women to gain skills and experience that will better prepare them for successful employment. We offer paid training and coordinate work experience opportunities with employers in the tourism industry. Women @ Work is a free program funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy.
How it Works
- 6 weeks paid training
- 3 months paid work experience with an employer in the tourism industry
- Certifications in Food Safe, First Aid, Serving it Right, and World Host
- $500 bonus after finishing 3 month work experience
- Transportation and daycare supports (eligibility dependent)
Why Women @ Work?
- Women only learning environment
- One-on-one career planning and support
- Develop your job search, resume, interview, and workplace skills
Who Can Join?
- Women between the ages of 15 – 30
- Not in school (high school or post-secondary)
- Not receiving EI benefits
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or individuals granted refugee status
Get in Touch
Women @ Work is offered in two convenient locations: Coquitlam and Vancouver.