Warehouse Jobs at Amazon
Back in Motion is working in partnership with Amazon, a large warehousing organization that is motivated to hire People with Disabilities. This is a unique opportunity for individuals with disabilities, who are interested in working in warehousing, to obtain full time employment.
Back in Motion will work with referring agencies to determine eligibility and fit for warehousing jobs, provide on-site job coaching support to ensure successful job retention, and ensure that job seekers meet the unique needs of the organization.
Back in Motion will work closely with WorkBC Centres
Providing the following services:
- Recruit individuals with disabilities through WorkBC, who express an interest in warehousing roles
- Recruit suitable individuals through community organizations and work collaboratively with WorkBC for referrals to the Warehousing Program
- Complete an initial screen to determine suitability
- Perform Work Simulation Assessments, consisting of a real-world timed simulation exercise in Back in Motion’s warehouse (simulating Amazon job requirements including scanning, sorting and picking packages of various sizes.
- Assist individuals with the employer’s application process, and prepare them for an interview
- If successful in gaining employment, Back in Motion will provide Job Supports and on Site Job coaching. Worker is expected to meet Amazon targets and expectations within 90 days.
- Person with a Disability
- Express interest in Warehousing Work
- Physically fit
- Ability to lift 25 lbs repeatedly and 49 lbs occasionally
- Sort, scan and place packages onto pallets and shelves
- Stooping, squatting , reaching and bending are required
- Standing tolerance for a full shift
- Able to work full time
- Possess a current resume
- Be at least 18 years of age and legally able to work in Canada
- Must not have been granted an interview by Amazon, regardless if such interview was for a position other than the Specific Opportunity, within the past 90 days
How to Refer Clients
- For individuals who are not WorkBC clients, refer to your local participating WorkBC Center
- Specify that you would like to be referred to the Back in Motion Amazon Warehousing Program
- If you are eligible, WorkBC will go through their intake process and refer you to the Amazon Warehousing Program.
- Referrals to the Warehousing program are made through SecureRefer
- SecureRefer is secure and will allow you to make referrals and share documents
If you have persons with disabilities that have an inclination to work in the warehouse industry, or if you are interested in learning more about our program, call 604.351.0167 or email email@example.com.