maintain meaningful employment
What is the Program about?
It’s a 6 week cohort-based program designed to assist individuals with multiple barriers to employment. You will gain the skills needed to find, secure, and maintain meaningful employment. This program is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement.
Next Cohort Dates
Due to COVID-19, in order to apply social distancing guidelines, Skills for Life and Work program is being delivered through virtual classes. Once the pandemic is over, we will return to in-person classes.
- April 27, 2020 (Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver) – In progress
- Next Cohort – June 15, 2020
Email us your name and phone number and we will get back to you!
Online Info Session
Join Skills for Life and Work for an information session about this exciting new program to support individuals facing multiple barriers to employment. Learn about this 6-week cohort-based training and how we will help you with your employment needs.
- June 4, 2020 – 10:00am – 11:00am
Are you eligible for the program?
- A Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
- A BC Resident
- Unemployed or Precariously Employed
- Not a full-time student
- Not actively participating in or receiving financial supports from another provincially or federally-funded labour market program.
What is included?
- Employment Counselling
- Job Readiness Skills
- Essential Skills Training
- Occupational Skills Training
- Job Coaching
- Direct Job Placement
Benefits of the Program
- Skills for life and work
- Job search support
- Job coaching
- Employment experience opportunities
- Follow-up support