Back in Motion Warehousing Program
Warehouse Jobs for People with disabilities.
About the Warehousing Program
A unique opportunity for individuals with disabilities, who are interested in working in warehousing. Get an in-depth view of potential job tasks in a live simulated warehouse environment.
Back in Motion will work closely with Referring Agencies providing the following services:
Recruit individuals with disabilities, who express an interest in warehousing roles
Complete an initial screen to determine suitability
Perform Work Simulation Assessments, consisting of a real-world timed simulation exercise in Back in Motion’s warehouse (simulating job requirements including scanning, sorting and picking packages of various sizes)
Assist individuals with the employer’s application process, and prepare them for an interview
If successful in gaining employment, Back in Motion will provide varied levels of support through Job Coaching and provide follow-up feedback.
Work Simulation Options
- A four hour assessment with a full comprehensive report
- Simulate potential job hazards that could be expected on the job specific to the employer and best prepare individuals
- Assess strength and physical capacity
- Simulation of job tasks in timed exercises
- Determines suitability and sustainability for the job leading to a stronger job match
Comprehensive Warehouse Training
- Includes 3 sessions
- Overview of warehousing, safety training, work simulation and 2 job training sessions
- Additional recommendations throughout sessions to improve participant’s skillset
- Opportunity for participant to further practice and gain a better understanding of job tasks
- Evaluation and support in different learning styles throughout assessment
- Providing more opportunity for stronger job matching
- Person with a Disability
- Express interest in Warehousing Work
- Ability to lift 25lbs repeatedly and 49lbs occasionally
- Physically fit
- Sort, scan and place packages onto pallets and shelves
- Standing tolerance for a full shift
If you are unsure if you meet the eligibility, contact us and our team will help you.
Get In Touch
We also offer another program for persons with disabilities. Check out if you are eligible!
How to Refer Clients?
If you have PWD clients that have an inclination to work in the warehouse industry, or if you are interested in learning more about our program, email:
Are you an Employer interested in the Program?
Read what some of our program graduates have to say about the Warehousing Program.
“Great training for individuals who need job training or want to get familiar with warehouse roles”
“I would recommend this orientation as it shows job seekers attention to detail, concentration, memory and motor skills”
© 2023 Back in Motion